An Exercise to Spark Your Creativity!
January 11, 2023
In Episode 60 of our Make Dance Fun podcast, we're doing a fun creativity exercise! We're using this fun box that looks like little match sticks called "SPARK YOUR CREATIVITY - 50 Ways to Ignite Bright Ideas!" We all get stuck sometimes, so we love finding “outside the box” ways to get our brains going!
We each draw 10 different “sparks” included in this kit and discuss what we might do in that situation, or how it could help us in a creative way! We hope that it will ignite your creativity as well!
- Dani: Take a walk, tuning in carefully to everything you smell.
- Becca: List things that inspire you, refer to them when feeling stuck
- Dani: Destroy something and make a new thing from the remains.
- Becca: Tune everything else out. Listen to just yourself.
- Dani: Improvise.
- Becca: Give yourself a time limit
- Dani: Take a break from a project; it may help you gain perspective.
- Becca: Read about or learn something outside your area of expertise.
- Dani: Make a log of “mistakes”. Try seeing them as strategies.
- Becca: Look at the situation from a different angle.
- Dani: Hone your powers of observation.
- Becca: Take 5 minutes and write down as many new ideas as you can.
- Dani: Try working in 90 minute creative sprints - take a 30 minute break
- Becca: Spend 10 minutes a day on a new creative pursuit. Repeat for a week.
- Dani: Take a risk, failures may teach you more than successes.
- Becca: Shadow someone creative for a day and see what you pick up.
- Dani: Find new uses for materials or elements you’d typically toss out.
- Becca: Turn off your inner critic.
- Dani: Take a walk, tuning in carefully to everything you hear.
- Becca: Give yourself a complete change of scenery.
Now go be creative!
Let's Get Social!